6.12.11

It's the Hap-Happiest Season of Alllll

The days spanning from October until the end of December always provide more happiness for me than any one person deserves!
I am so grateful for every single busy day that pops up in this time. December is especially special to me. All the Christmas lights that people adorn their houses with are probably the most magical looking things, in my book.
The soft snow fall that starts in December is a close second, the way it beckons every person out into it, young and old, makes me smile every time.
This month is also my birthday month, meaning I get to open presents exactly 10 days before the rest of the world.

So far this month has been filled with decorating trees, chasing dogs through snow, Christmas shopping trips, present wrapping, as well as present shaking, (you all know you shake your presents to try and guess whats in them, too!) and birthday card arrivals.
Still to come are Christmas parties of all sorts, present openings, cake, road trips, visits to Silver Dollar City, college prep, and of course, all the joys of Christmas itself.
Every year the gals in my family gather together and pack up in a very full van to go Christmas shopping together. As funds were tight all around this year we didn't go very far and settled in Branson.
We hit up all the best shopping places and dined at the only theme restaurant in town, per my request. I ordered the alligator tail only to find my sheltered tongue couldn't stand the Cajun spice, so I went with a cheeseburger instead, adventurous, I know.
As always my money couldn't avoid being blown in the Disney store, but it had to be happy about it, I imagine theres nothing better than living your life in Disney.

I'm so excited to experience the rest of this month play out, and I hope all of your December's are as swell as mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment