24.11.11

Thanksgiving Day (Belated)


Happy Thanksgiving


Today was rather nice.
I spent Thanksgiving at my house without my Momma's side of the family for the first time that I can recall. Though I missed them, I did enjoy the mellowness of being at home with less people.
I woke up at a decent time and spent a good while planted on the couch with my bubbies watching the parade. My sweet Momma made us some pretty delicious cinnamon rolls.
After a quick trip to Murfin's Market for some last minute ingredients I got dolled up in my favorite dress. I just feel so lovely in it. Then I suited up in my apron and baked 6 dozen cookies (while of course dancing to Christmas tunes) Snicker Doodles for my mom, and Chocolate Chip for the rest.
Later, when making my cookies had run its course, I drug my brother to Murfin's again for some Last-Last-Minute ingredients. ;)





We ate a surprisingly delicious turkey, and that's coming from someone who doesn't like turkey, my Nana really knows how to cook! My step-dad learned how to carve a turkey today, he isn't the greatest or fastest learner ;) but my Pop patiently got him through it! Our turkey was accompanied by all the stereotypical Thanksgiving sides and they weren't awful either. Over all a successful meal.

After stuffing my belly I headed to my Momma's Mom's house for some games and a farewell to all the family's dedicated Black-Friday Shoppers.
Now I'm finishing up the night with some candle light, sleepy dogs, and a few sips of wine. ;)
Hope your day was as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment