23.11.11

Giving Thanks

Hello there,
We haven't talked in a while.
This afternoon my head is filled with lots of buzz about Thanksgiving; parades, meals, and games and I can't help but feel (and act, much to my brothers chagrin) like a giddy school girl when these Holidays roll around.
There's such a different atmosphere through out the entirety of my life. My T.V. is filled with Christmas commercials which fill my heart with glee. The stores are all dressed up, and even their shoppers are cheery (usually).
I love the day before thanksgiving when the preparations for dinner the next day have already begun. The happy mess is scattered through out the kitchen, aprons are on, and smells linger in the air.

This year I've realized I have so much to be thankful for and I thought I should take a second to jot them down.




I am thankful for my new "job" as a nanny. It doesn't require a lot of work, but I think it deserves it. I enjoying showering those sweet kids with love and lessons and undivided attention.


I'm thankful for a family who lets me be who I am, the kind who doesn't care that I shaved my head or pierced my lip, or dress in any crazy thing I deem worthy.
I'm thankful for perfect friends to lean on who don't care that I melt down when I get behind a wheel or that I need to stay up until 3 and wake up at 11.
I'm thankful for small things like ever-present hot chocolate, and an endlessly re-arrangeable room, movie buddies who don't judge my nerdy-ness and perhaps exceed it, and Pandora to always give me music that completes me.

I'm thankful for so so many things and I'm so glad the holidays have begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment