21.12.11

Drive Slow

December continues to fill up my plate with so much that I find spare seconds rare.
But I wouldn't trade it for the world.
With 3 Christmas parties down, my 18th birthday tackled, oodles of presents bought and wrapped all that I have left now is A Silver Dollar City visit, and the epitome of the holidays itself: Christmas.
So far snow has only graced us with its presence once, but my fingers are still crossed for a White Christmas.
Last night I did all of my last minute shopping with an all but forgotten friend. It was a hustle to 5 different stores not counting the mall, with gift cards galore and a nice warm bowl of soup at Panera.
Today has been a nice relaxing day, consisting of plethoras of present wrapping as well as a chilly trip to the park, with a happy little super hero and his perky "side-kick" doggie.
On the drive home from the park I didn't reach the speed limit, not even once.
I slowly took in the jolly Christmas carols pouring quietly out of my speakers while listening to the giggles of a frozen super hero trying to teach a dog to "super-bark".
I watched my sweet puppy indulge my ecstatic brother.
I gazed at the sleeping trees and heavy clouds.
Today I'm thankful for empty country roads, and the family God has blessed me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment